Multiuniverse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Multiuniverse

Hello, i Have question about multiuniverse. I noticed that when i change the universe in the combobox, the URL changes to /uni1/, uni2/ etc.
      Am i supposed to create subdomains and install the sotware in each subdirectory? What is the purpose of the url manipulation?

thanks.
    • Hello no, you can simply launch multi universe with the url rewrite in the htaccess,
      So you can leave all your files in the root folder and start multi universe from the admin panel
      The only reason to use separate subdomains it to be able to login on multi universe with same account, otherwise 2Moons allow only one cookie connexion in one of your universe, wehn you login on another, your first uni connexuion will become deprecated....
    • Thisishowwedoit wrote:

Hello no, you can simply launch multi universe with the url rewrite in the htaccess,
      So you can leave all your files in the root folder and start multi universe from the admin panel
      The only reason to use separate subdomains it to be able to login on multi universe with same account, otherwise 2Moons allow only one cookie connexion in one of your universe, wehn you login on another, your first uni connexuion will become deprecated....
      How Can I create new universe with subdomain uni1.adress,.com, and uni2 adress.com.
      Or mayby you have somethings idea how create 2 uniwerse on 1 adress, without logout when player play on 2 univers at the same time?

What I must change in htaccess, now my file is:

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteRule ^index.html$ adress.com [R=301,L,NC]
      <FilesMatch "\.php$">
      SetHandler fcgid-script
      FCGIWrapper '/usr/local/safe-bin/fcgid54.sh /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/xgame/php/adress.com.ini -d mail.log="/home/x/.php/php-mail.log"' .php
      Options +ExecCGI

</FilesMatch>
      </IfModule>

In admin panel I have info:

Informationen für Multiuniverse-Support
      Damit 2Moons mit Multiuniverse-Support fehlerfrei unterstützen kann, muss der Webserver entsprechend konfiguriert werden.
      Was du für ein Server hast, kannst du bei "Server Infos" unter "Informationen" herausfinden. Wenn dir nicht sicher best, frage bei deinem Hoster nach.
      Apache
      Wenn man bei ein Apache-Server als Backendserver läuft, musst du nur die Zeilen 48-51 in der .htacces Datei im Hauptverzeichen auskommentieren (die Route entfernen).
      Außerdem wird mod_rewrite benötigt.
      nginx
      Wenn man bei ein nginx-Server als Backendserver läuft, die vhost Konfiguration direkt um rewrite Regel erweitern:
      rewrite /(.*)/?uni[0-9]+/?(.*) /$1/$2 break;
      Einfachsten den Codeschnipsel unter die Zeile mit "server_name" einfügen.

The post was edited 4 times, last by noregistryuser ().