User own ship creation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• User own ship creation

Hi.

I am here to present you a idea I have been developing for a week from now where user could create their own ship , name it, and design it as long he finds modules.

Basically there are lots of "modules" or "pieces" like engine for speed, weapons for power, auxiliary for bonuses, shield for shield. Also players can unlock design/skins for ships that update the way user looks at their ships.

The ships are restricted to user only and only the creator can build it, since created ships uses the single column "shipyard" for server performance reasons.
      About name it, users give name to their own ships which updates all language files with the name they choose.

users can find over 100 pieces to update their ship and find their unique combo. The good of this is users won't be focused on black moons, but on something that can help them win. There are endless combinations and some weapons have their own rapidfire.

You can make many combos your mind allows it, as long your ship have enough energy to support the modules you plan to install. Reactors provides energy to ship so you can balance the modules you can have.

There are some screenshots. On the screenshot showing the ship, it's one of the possible combinations.

Best regards
      Images
      • Screenshot_1.jpg

100.61 kB, 1,197×616, viewed 978 times
      • Screenshot_2.jpg

113.5 kB, 1,156×633, viewed 844 times
      • Screenshot_3.jpg

85.74 kB, 924×613, viewed 666 times
      • Screenshot_4.jpg

65.52 kB, 1,017×546, viewed 683 times
      • Screenshot_5.jpg

169.36 kB, 1,124×516, viewed 757 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qwa ().

• Very nice,

I have the same module already finished from antaris pack. do you also plan like me to edit the battlesimulator, spy report, flying fleets and other to take in count each user custom ships ?

Sincerely
    • Thisishowwedoit wrote:

Very nice,

I have the same module already finished from antaris pack. do you also plan like me to edit the battlesimulator, spy report, flying fleets and other to take in count each user custom ships ?

Sincerely
      Yes, all of this is already applied, and it's the easiest part due the way 2moons are structured and smarty is very easy to use. (e.g., get enemy ship information from spy report to battlereport if shipID != 0 on array or add a select tag to see the created ship from X user)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Qwa ().

• @aurum79 It's not hard at all when coding. The hardest thing here is you must have in mind which pieces shall be included to create your ship and how to balance them properly to do not "destroy the game" with unbalance.
    • Я понимаю что это не сложно, написал же что красиво сделанно. А вот баланс да... Отбалансировать подобное чертовски сложно
      Кто к нам с чем зачем, тот от того и того! :D
    • I said not hard so everyone can innovate ^^ and indeed it's not.

Oh yes... balancing each module it's very hard and at the end, there will always be the "best one" weapon
    • but, where is the code? :|

is applicable to 2moons? :/

or, could you help me width the logic of this to do mi self the code 8)

Is like you say: Oh yes... balancing each module it's very hard ||

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skylon ().