[FAQ] A clear explanation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [FAQ] A clear explanation

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a 2nd universe and I really can't find how;
    I searched all topics mentioning "multiverse" and other keywords... and spend too too too many time on this issue;
    I tried to copy and rename uni1_config in uni2_config .. didn't work either

* I'm on Apache server, SSL activated
    * THERE IS NO .htacces file at the root of the server (only in www/.../ and none has line 48-51)

:?: :?: :?: WHERE CAN I FIND THIS .htaccess file they mention ??
    :?: :?: :?: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FINALLY GET "universe 1" and "universe 2" on the login page and on the register page

I spent a lot of time on this script before realizing i was unable to create a 2nd universe :|

please answer in french, english, german or spanish but not russian lol :D :D :D

if a master at this version knows how to proceed, tell me !! (gg Danter14, I'm using your v1.8 and your work is outstanding, tu as bien géré !!)

Au secours Obi-wan Kenobi, vous êtes mon seul espoir.
  • thank you for answering SAAS ,
    but I can't "just add a name" to create a new universe, i'm supposed to suppress lines (48 - 51) of the page .htaccess
    and this page doesn't exist !! the only pages named .htaccess are in ""www/2moons/cache"" or ""www/2moons/script""" and there is only 1 line on this page saying "Deny from all"
  • Brainfuck Source Code: .htaccess

1. # ~
    2. # ~ 2Moons
    3. # ~ by Jan-Otto Kröpke 2009-2016
    4. # ~
    5. # ~ For the full copyright and license information, please view the LICENSE
    6. # ~
    7. # ~ @package 2Moons
    8. # ~ @author Jan-Otto Kröpke <slaver7@gmail.com>
    9. # ~ @copyright 2009 Lucky
    10. # ~ @copyright 2016 Jan-Otto Kröpke <slaver7@gmail.com>
    11. # ~ @license MIT
    12. # ~ @version 1.8.0
    13. # ~ @link https://github.com/jkroepke/2Moons
    14. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    15. # Better website experience for IE users
    16. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    17. # Force the latest IE version, in various cases when it may fall back to IE7 mode
    18. # github.com/rails/rails/commit/123eb25#commitcomment-118920
    19. # Use ChromeFrame if it's installed for a better experience for the poor IE folk
    20. <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    21. Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=Edge,chrome=1"
    22. # mod_headers can't match by content-type, but we don't want to send this header on *everything*...
    23. <FilesMatch "\.(js|css|gif|png|jpe?g|pdf|xml|oga|ogg|m4a|ogv|mp4|m4v|webm|svg|svgz|eot|ttf|otf|woff|ico|webp|appcache|manifest|htc|crx|oex|xpi|safariextz|vcf)$" >
    24. Header unset X-UA-Compatible
    25. </FilesMatch>
    26. </IfModule>
    27. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    28. # UTF-8 encoding
    29. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    30. # Use UTF-8 encoding for anything served text/plain or text/html
    31. AddDefaultCharset utf-8
    32. # Force UTF-8 for a number of file formats
    33. AddCharset utf-8 .css .js .xml .json .rss .atom
    34. <IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
    35. Options -Indexes
    36. </IfModule>
    37. <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    38. RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -d
    39. RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -f
    40. RewriteRule "(^|/)\." - [F]
    41. </IfModule>
    42. <FilesMatch "(\.(bak|config|sql|fla|psd|ini|log|sh|inc|swp|dist)|~)$">
    43. Order allow,deny
    44. Deny from all
    45. Satisfy All
    46. </FilesMatch>
    47. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    48. # 2Moons: MultiUniverse support
    49. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    50. <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    51. RewriteEngine is
    52. RewriteRule uni ([0-9] +) /? (. *)? $ $ 2 [L, QSA, E = UNI: $ 1]
    53. </IfModule>
    Display All
  • you have two options

1 ) if you dont care about sessions
    coppy uni1_config and paste it under the same table, in this table you have two config files and it is it, dont forget to change universe id from 1 to 2 for second server. Simple solution, but because you store sessions in same table you have session problems.

2) If you care about sessions, and want to make a player play in both universes at the same time.
    Open subdomains like uni1.ogniter.net, uni2.ogniter.net, and public should remain under ogniter.net
    each subdomains should contain their own game folders
    make a working lobby page and redirect from there, when user logged in and wanted to play at first universe you should send them to uni1.ogniter.net
    Solve session issues and authenticate lobby, carry cookies across domain, carry session towards subdomains.

It is the idea behind multi universe, you need to solve issues that are going to appear ( Like universe class problems, config class problems and so on ) .
    ogniter.net

for a slightly better version of steemnova

github.com/koraykarakus/steemnova-1.8-x
  • THANKS A LOT Russol and Amamoslavida! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !

I tried my best, I think I will come through soon -- Resistance is futile! -- but for now I created subdomains for each universe like you said Amamoslavida and I rearranged the style so it looks good (noob forever right ?! :D :D )

Russoll wrote:

if for some reason this dosent work... then go into your database and copy the config...then edit and rename. then you will also have a 2nd uni

I also tried to copy and rename it directly in the DB before creating this topic but It didn't work,

amamoslavida wrote:

2) If you care about sessions, and want to make a player play in both universes at the same time.
    Open subdomains like uni1.ogniter.net, uni2.ogniter.net, and public should remain under ogniter.net
    each subdomains should contain their own game folders
    make a working lobby page and redirect from there, when user logged in and wanted to play at first universe you should send them to uni1.ogniter.net
    Solve session issues and authenticate lobby, carry cookies across domain, carry session towards subdomains.

I chose this option and it's perfect; It looks even better !! THANK YOU

.. I can't wait to share the link with my friends, get no registration and no active player.. again :P ^^ ^^