Buildings slots

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buildings slots

Hi, I have a some idea about buildings. i want change buildings system like a others strategys game. something like a this

in that screen planet have 5 slots and user can build any constructions in this slots for example 2 metal mine, 1 crystal, 1 deuterium, and in last slot shipyard. And want unite the storage and mines in 1 slot.

also want delete auto mining resource, then users will have to click mines to get resources = min((timestamp - lastclicktime),1hour(3600)*storageLvl)*metalperhour*3600
      for example if user have 5lvl storage he need click to mine every 5hours

want add fleet limits, and if user want more fleets he need upgrade shipyards or build 1-3 shipyard on each planet

what do u think?

UPD
      add resource clicker
      add build level overview

The post was edited 4 times, last by Kaizoku ().

• in some games if you are above fleet limit you pay an upkeep or lose some benefits (like -10% resource).

About sloting thing, it's something easily done and would be very nice for 2d/3d planet preview (and possibly generate endless possibilites of strategy for a player), the problem is... we need to think out of ogame and if our public is ogame private players, they won't play this.
    • Qwa wrote:

in some games if you are above fleet limit you pay an upkeep or lose some benefits (like -10% resource).

About sloting thing, it's something easily done and would be very nice for 2d/3d planet preview (and possibly generate endless possibilites of strategy for a player), the problem is... we need to think out of ogame and if our public is ogame private players, they won't play this.
      Regarding the fleet limit, if a player exceeds the limit after some time has elapsed, he loses fleet surpluses, for example, ships are destroyed. something like 1% of surplus per hour.

why they won't play? This will be the same Ogame only slightly different, with a greater variability of strategies, it always seemed to me that an unlimited fleet is a bad side of the ogame, that is always the top1 player has hundreds of times more fleet than the top50 player and even if 10 players are between 30 -50 places will not be able to break through 1 player. and with a limit I think it will be a maximum of 5-10 more fleets in top1 players compared to top30-50
    • When i meant they wont play, i meant the idea of building slots. Can be confusing and they want to rush themselves into the top.

About the ship lose, I have something similar integrated with custom ships in my game. Actually it's amazing and easy to integrate through planetressupdate, and ofcourse, keeps the ecosystem of the game healthy.
    • я правильно понял добавление слота одновременных построек, изучения науки - уже реализовали :)
    • Qwa wrote:

When i meant they wont play, i meant the idea of building slots. Can be confusing and they want to rush themselves into the top.
      if manage to make the slots more interesting than old buildings, I think it will be fine, it can make unique planets by the number of slots and resources, for example, on one planet 1-2 slots are larger and in another the resource concentration is 20-30%, in one planet metal production more againts crystal and etc.

I think we should strive for new players, and not for old, old ones are less and less, so it's a bad idea to keep to the old game. the old game is too hard to start for beginners and they simply do not linger in the game.
    • для ясности у меня при изучение теха можно одновременно строить два три до 10 зданий но там уже слоты после пяти надо покупать так только к техе привязка... а научка изучение одновременно до пяти слотов разрешена )) привязка конечно к науке идет .. две новые переменные .. у меня так.... не знаю как у тебя... по зданиям я помню что код длиннющей ))) так сказать устаревшего образца старого партийца )))
    • Shandow wrote:

для ясности у меня при изучение теха можно одновременно строить два три до 10 зданий но там уже слоты после пяти надо покупать так только к техе привязка... а научка изучение одновременно до пяти слотов разрешена )) привязка конечно к науке идет .. две новые переменные .. у меня так.... не знаю как у тебя... по зданиям я помню что код длиннющей ))) так сказать устаревшего образца старого партийца )))
      ну я же говорю я не знаю что там у тебя, просил показать ты не хочешь, и это понятно что не совсем хочется все палить, так как все что угодно скопировать дело нескольких часов. Слоты что тут это определенно совсем другое, прочитай пост.

насчет одновременных построек зданий я реально не понимаю как это возможно реализовать сильно короче, чем то что я выкладывал. либо ты просто рекламируешь себя на каждом посту говоря что у тебя там все реализовано, либо у тебя просто что то другое и ты даже не вчитываешься в пост, либо я чего то не понимаю. могу предположить что у тебя там просто банальное увеличение количества очереди построек/исследований привязанная к техе, а не одновременная постройка
    • мой код видел mimikri можете у него спросить есть ли у меня разница в подходе.. и я себя не рекламирую.. мне еще многому надо учится просто я наблюдаю и вижу то что все делается по старому окольными путями и копипастом друг у друга ... Вы в курсе что msql устаревшее понятие баз ? я перехожу на новые стандарты и переписываю мунс полностью как вариант на FirebirdSQL который более гибкий, а исполняемый код работает полностью на скриптах данный вариант много позволяет делать с лету без перегрузки сервера.. просто ребята к примеру я сотрудничаю с exterium и учусь так же у них кстати хорошая команда если к ним отлично и они на встречу пойдут .. я сейчас постараюсь им так же помощь по защите авторских прав так как работаю с ними совесть то к примеру тырить уж картинки их не трудно нарисовать .. придумать что то свое мунс почти все сделано в xterium отдельные только люди тут делают свои проекты их не больше тут 5 -6 человек и делают хорошо большинство только друг у друга берет, или покупает.. кстати я раньше тоже так делал ;)
    • я дам вам свой файл buildings но он дополнен другими темами надеюсь определитесь где именно кусок кода лежит ( к примеру в соавторстве с xterium мы сделали полноценные расы раздельные с разным балансом и своими флотами которые не пересекаются как обычные и в этом файле так же много условий прописано по расам)) свой флот свои настройки свой сюжет развития ))) ну вот я опять проболтался ))) и будут пытаться теперь опять сделать такое же пока я не стал делать 3д ну и совсем помучаю у меня уже готова планетарная система как в eve - онлайн ..работайте товарищи, работайте )) думаю за пол года возможно сделаете так же))) а не просто типа 10 рас вроде .. но делают в принципе одно и тоже ..я дам свой код пхп буилдинг но там много уже есть по расам дописано думаю вы поймете где написано именно по нашему вопросу там не много всего строк 8 кода в разных местах .. в 2moons все уже есть и выдумывать тут не чего только дополнить )) если идти стандартом .. а да скоро поделюсь решением ч в 2 д планетах постройки.. фон меняется от типа планеты ))) и текстура идет спрайтами ))) есть закрытые области поля как покупаете они открываются ))) я знаю о вас все практически )) знаю что вы хороший программист... лучше чем я... но пользуетесь старыми методами

The post was edited 4 times, last by Shandow ().

• Kaizoku wrote:

Qwa wrote:

When i meant they wont play, i meant the idea of building slots. Can be confusing and they want to rush themselves into the top.
      if manage to make the slots more interesting than old buildings, I think it will be fine, it can make unique planets by the number of slots and resources, for example, on one planet 1-2 slots are larger and in another the resource concentration is 20-30%, in one planet metal production more againts crystal and etc.
      I think we should strive for new players, and not for old, old ones are less and less, so it's a bad idea to keep to the old game. the old game is too hard to start for beginners and they simply do not linger in the game.
      if the idea is innovate, well, we could risk create something like 3d view Tribal Wars / Travian. The slot thing is pretty easy to do, the problem is finding someone good on designing assets for buildings (and not copy-paste from pre-made OGame images)
    • as first experience... you can try War of Alliance images, i don't know they're original, only Thisishowwedoit can answer it.
    • отлично вы читаете мои мысли :) у меня решение будет только не много другое
    • Kaizoku wrote:

Qwa wrote:

as first experience... you can try War of Alliance images, i don't know they're original, only Thisishowwedoit can answer it.
      For example, something like this
      looks good

building slot and planet
      creating something like that should be easy. only problem is how boring will be css to be responsive.
    • я делаю на подобие но в babulon.js в 3D у меня при прокрутки переходит на поверхность в три д пространстве где стоят здания 3д
    • use babylon to develop buildings = players leaving your game

a plain texture or css effects for planet should do it

they don't want to wait for babylon js loading to start building

The post was edited 1 time, last by Qwa ().