Colonization config unclear

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Colonization config unclear

Im playing 2moons2.0
      I try to colonize a planet in my system (from 1:1:2 to 1:1:8)
      When i try that my colonization-crew tells me that they dont have suitable technology for the planets climate.

Now i think i have to research astrophysics first?

now the part i dont understand:
      In the adminpanel i can choose the number of planets i can colonize without any research (set to 9) and the number of additional slots i can get with astrophysics (set to 11). so if i understand correctly i can colonize 20 planets with astrophysics and 9 without, right?

as i cannot colonize a planet i ask myself if i miss something or if this is a bug?

greetings
    • your config seems to be ok, 9 without and +11 for research are 20.
      so if you can't colonize this could be a bug, do you have less then 8 planets?

i have checkt the repo of danter(2) and the one of jan(1.8) and there is no difference(playerutil and mission colonize)
      so i guess it should be running the right way.
    • this is the first planet i try to colonize as this is quite early-game. This is the (german) message i get:

Source Code

1. Eine deiner Flotten erreicht die Koordinaten [1:1:8]. Als sich deine Siedler dem Planeten näherten, mussten sie feststellen, dass ihre Ausrüstung noch nicht für die dort herrschenden Klimabedingungen geeignet war und zuerst weiterentwickelt werden muss. Enttäuscht kehrten die Siedler zurück.
    • ceil($config->min_player_planets + min($planetPerTech, $USER[$resource[124]] * $config->planets_per_tech) + min($planetPerBonus, $USER['factor']['Planets']));
      das ist die formel abrunden ((planis ohne forschung ) + (planis durch forschung) + (planis durch offi))

zu finden in der includes/classes/playerutil.class.php

hast du irgendwas an den files verändert?
    • Source Code

1. return (int) ceil($config->min_player_planets + min($planetPerTech, $USER[$resource[124]] * $config->planets_per_tech) + min($planetPerBonus, $USER['factor']['Planets']));
      Ich habe an der Datei nichts geändert.
      Ich hoffe, ich habe nichts übersehen... Ich muss lediglich ein Kolonieschiff zum kolonisieren schicken, resourcen brauche ich nicht mitschicken, oder?
    • Its not a bug,

you are allowed to colonise a certain position only not slot 123 131415 if i remember or somehting like that without astro
    • That must be it! I just read that rule on a site provided in the playerutil.class.php ( owiki.de/index.php/Astrophysik#.C3.9Cbersicht )

In this case it is a rather bad german translation in the admin-panel.

Alright, thank you both for making it clear! really appreciate the work of you guys here, im having a lot of fun providing a private browsergame for me and my friends and it wouldnt be possible without your input in this forum